New business firms in India looking on how to register a company online in 2019 ought to realize that any Small, Medium, Big, or Start-up organization is regarded void unless the Government of India recognizes it. The organizations need to follow a certain procedure for company registration in India prescribed by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) and have to submit a few necessary eForms before the incorporation of the company in the country.
The MCA, a few years ago, enabled the online registration of the companies in India, permitting the business owners to register their company name as well as the establishment remotely from anywhere without actually going to the Corporate office. Organizations need to note that the requirements and necessities for setting up a Private Limited (Pvt Ltd) or a Public company are different.
Steps to register a new company in India
Follow the below guidelines and steps regulated by the MCA to register the company and its name.
Step 1: Register Company Name
- Choose at least six names for your company and list them in order of preference
- Make sure the listed names do not match with the other registered company names. Furthermore, ensure that the logo/ emblem of your company neither resembles others nor violates the Prevention of Improper Use Act, 1950
- Login to the MCA portal to check-in with the concerned RoC about the availability of the proposed names in eForm 1 A by paying an amount of 500/- online. If the name is not available, the respective individual can apply again using the same application
- Submit the Digital Signature of the candidate proposing the name along with the eForm 1 A.
Step 2: File eForms
* SignUp for HR & Payroll Software *
- Once the applicant receives the approval of the name, he/she must submit the Form 1, 18 and 32 documents within 60 days from the day of approval
- Get the Memorandum and Articles stamped with the appropriate stamp duty
- Get the Memorandum and the Articles signed by at least two subscribers in his/her own hand with his/her father's name, occupation, and address; and also mention the number of shares subscribed for and witnessed by at least one person
- Ensure that the Memorandum and Articles are dated correctly
- Fill the Form-1(Declaration of compliance), Form-18 (Notice of situation of registered office of the company) and Form-32 (Particulars of the Director's, Manager or Secretary) by logging into the Portal
- Attach all the necessary documents along with the eforms
- Submit the eforms along with the Digital Signature and send the physical copy of Memorandum and Article of Association to the concerned RoC
- After the verification and processing the forms, the Private Limited Company can collect the Corporate ID and Certificate of Incorporation from the concerned RoC
- While establishing a Public Limited Company, organizations have to additionally file a declaration in eForm 20 or eForm 19 and attach the statement in lieu of the prospectus (schedule III) or the prospectus (Schedule II) respectively, and obtain the Certificate of Commencement of Business